Tuesday, April 10, 2012

 

Potty training woes.......

Well this past weekend was our attempt at the "3 day potty training" program with Cohen. It was a crappy cold weekend with snow so a perfect one to be stuck indoors.  Josh had the Monday off as well, giving Cohen an extra day to "get it"! However, I am not sure he is quite ready as I don't think he is "feeling" that sensation of having to go as he looks down at his wet feet after peeing like he isn't sure what just happened. He has gone lots on the potty but only cause we have recommended it and not by him telling us. We are likely going to revert back to diapers - against the rules I know - but he is not even waking in the night after wetting himself numerous times and I can only do so much laundry every night :(. All kids are different and we can't expect him to be the same as Carter.
First pee on the potty - proud as punch!

Carter stayed at my moms on Thursday night and ended up there all day Friday wanting to have another sleep over. We thought it would help us focus on Cohen and give my mom some company. They had a monopoly marathon of 7 hours. Mom could hardly believe how well he could play, make change, count money and not lose concentration etc. He is very similar to me in that I could play games for hours, still do and love that I can now play games with him. Carter was feeling a little left out with all our focus on Cohen as he was a little more "emotional" than normal.
Activities for both kids start again later this week and early next week so back to the 'rat race' of rushed suppers and getting to evening activities!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]