Sunday, December 18, 2011
The plague hit ..... aka the flu!
Last Saturday night we planned a date night but of course as we rarely ever go anywhere without the kids, we drove around the city aimlessly wondering what to do. I got a rock in the windshield and we ended up at Brewsters only a couple blocks from our house. It was nice though as Josh and I had some adult time to "catch up". However, shortly after we got home I heard Cohen calling for daddy and went up to check on him and he had puked everywhere on his pillow and kept mashing his face in it as he was so tired. I picked him up and he projectile vomited all over me (luckily I hadn't got my jacket off yet) and his bedroom floor. That continued for about 2 hours until 1:30 am. The next morning he was fine and we ended up meeting Josh and Carter at the Evraz Christmas party. I thought it must have been food poisoning for how quick and severe it came on. Then on Monday night just after supper Carter said his tummy hurt and off to get the puke pail we went! He did the same the rest of the night but had it out the other end too - 3 pair of pj's later :( it finally subsided but he didn't bounce back quite as quick so grandpa Janet was off and looked after him on Tuesday. Then she ended up with it on Wednesday and Thursday.
Apparently I didn't make it scott free either as Thursday morning my guts were rumbling but had the morning off to get some things done so ventured to the grocery store feeling horrible. I made it through the shopping but got sick in the parking lot and spent the rest of the day in bed. Josh managed to avoid it all together - lucky guy.
Planning to take away Cohen's soother over Christmas - will be harder on us then him - well maybe. Soon we hope to start potty training as well but as per the picture below he is maybe not quite ready. Haha!
Busy weekend again with swimming Friday night, Carter having a birthday party Saturday afternoon and us having a friends Christmas party Saturday night. We then entertained Josh's family (grandpa, grandma, mom, brother, sisterin-law and aunt) for an early Christmas brunch celebration on Sunday morning to mid afternoon. I took the kids sledding in hopes to tire them out with some fresh air.
Apparently I didn't make it scott free either as Thursday morning my guts were rumbling but had the morning off to get some things done so ventured to the grocery store feeling horrible. I made it through the shopping but got sick in the parking lot and spent the rest of the day in bed. Josh managed to avoid it all together - lucky guy.
Planning to take away Cohen's soother over Christmas - will be harder on us then him - well maybe. Soon we hope to start potty training as well but as per the picture below he is maybe not quite ready. Haha!
| Potty - not quite the right end! |
Busy weekend again with swimming Friday night, Carter having a birthday party Saturday afternoon and us having a friends Christmas party Saturday night. We then entertained Josh's family (grandpa, grandma, mom, brother, sisterin-law and aunt) for an early Christmas brunch celebration on Sunday morning to mid afternoon. I took the kids sledding in hopes to tire them out with some fresh air.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment