Monday, November 7, 2011

 

Halloween part 2.......... and tears of sorrow

This past Friday night, we had a halloween party to go to - so got some cheap clearance costumes (priest and vampiress) dressed Cohen as Woody and Carter as a Power Ranger. It was nice to get out and see our friends for a couple hours before kids turned "into pumpkins".

Where's Carter

The girls and Cohen of course.

The kids - Carter holding an upset and squirmy Cassidy
Saturday Carter had a hockey game in the morning and played in between periods at the Pat's game. Sunday he had a bowling birthday party to go to so was a busy weekend. 

My Saturday was filled with grief and sorrow as it was Laurie's memorial service. How do you say goodbye to your best friend of 37 years? It is like losing a family member - especially since she was like a big sister. There are so many memories to cherish but I feel robbed of the many more we could have had. I hope that I am able to help Del out with these 3 beautiful children left with no mother, as my heart is so heavy wondering how he will ever do this on his own. Del is a strong man and will do it - making Laurie ever so proud but it is just not fair that God has chosen this path for her and their family. I miss you so much already - I hope that you are no longer suffering and are pain free my friend, as you deserve only the best. You are with me forever.

Comments:
It was a beautiful service. I, too, hope that you will be able to help Del with the kids. I still don't understand why such a thing would happen to such a beautiful spirit inside and out. Hugs
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]