Monday, August 29, 2011
What happened to August ?????
I have thought lots about posting, as it has been a busy month and lots to share but just never seem to sit down long enough to get it done. I always took my camera too but never seemed to take any pictures lately either.
Carter went to camp for a week in the mornings as Danielle was still on holidays. Grandmas filled in for babysitting.
On Saturday Carter and I met Derek and Kaden @ Megamunch's birthday celebration at the museum so the kids enjoyed a nice afternoon of crafts, activities and games. That Sunday we celebrated both grandma's birthdays - me and the boys took them to candy cane park for a bbq. Felt like a useless woman in distress though, as we took brickettes but no lighter fluid (by choice) and couldn't get it going with paper so some guy at the next picnic table just kind of took over and helped us out. I was thankful but sure I could have got it going sooner or later. Josh had gone to Saskatoon for men's provincials that weekend.
The following weekend, I went by myself to Saskatoon for women's provincials. It was nice to have some me time but missed the boys nonetheless. Had a bit too much fun on Saturday night in the beer gardens so paid for it Sunday morning as I do not normally drink and won't be again for some time. We lost in the 'A' final so qualify to go to Kelowna for Nationals next year. The same weekend was the golf fundraiser for Laurie and her family that I helped organize and Josh golfed in. It was a huge success with thousands of dollars raised. The best gift of all when I got home was to hear that Laurie was being discharged and going home - finally!
This past weekend we went to Saskatoon as a family, Josh played coed. The kids got to waterslide and enjoy the hotel pool. Sunday afternoon, I took them to a nice park that had a train ride and merry go round. We met up with the people we had met in Mexico with kids almost the exact same age, within 24 and 6 days of Carter and Cohen. I drove back early with the kids and Josh's team lost in the finals.
Carter starts kindergarten tomorrow - where did the summer go!
The weather has been wonderful so we have been enjoying as much time outdoors as possible as it won't be long before fall hits!
Carter went to camp for a week in the mornings as Danielle was still on holidays. Grandmas filled in for babysitting.
On Saturday Carter and I met Derek and Kaden @ Megamunch's birthday celebration at the museum so the kids enjoyed a nice afternoon of crafts, activities and games. That Sunday we celebrated both grandma's birthdays - me and the boys took them to candy cane park for a bbq. Felt like a useless woman in distress though, as we took brickettes but no lighter fluid (by choice) and couldn't get it going with paper so some guy at the next picnic table just kind of took over and helped us out. I was thankful but sure I could have got it going sooner or later. Josh had gone to Saskatoon for men's provincials that weekend.
The following weekend, I went by myself to Saskatoon for women's provincials. It was nice to have some me time but missed the boys nonetheless. Had a bit too much fun on Saturday night in the beer gardens so paid for it Sunday morning as I do not normally drink and won't be again for some time. We lost in the 'A' final so qualify to go to Kelowna for Nationals next year. The same weekend was the golf fundraiser for Laurie and her family that I helped organize and Josh golfed in. It was a huge success with thousands of dollars raised. The best gift of all when I got home was to hear that Laurie was being discharged and going home - finally!
This past weekend we went to Saskatoon as a family, Josh played coed. The kids got to waterslide and enjoy the hotel pool. Sunday afternoon, I took them to a nice park that had a train ride and merry go round. We met up with the people we had met in Mexico with kids almost the exact same age, within 24 and 6 days of Carter and Cohen. I drove back early with the kids and Josh's team lost in the finals.
Carter starts kindergarten tomorrow - where did the summer go!
The weather has been wonderful so we have been enjoying as much time outdoors as possible as it won't be long before fall hits!
Comments:
<< Home
So happy to hear that Laurie's been discharged. Please let her know she's in my constant thoughts and prayers! Laura
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Post a Comment