Thursday, July 21, 2011
So proud..
I am so proud of my boys. Josh had the idea of taking the boys on a camping trip to Echo Valley for part of last weekend, to give me some mommy time and them some boy bonding time. It was only for about 26 hours total but you still have to pack like you are going for a week. It took about 2 hours of packing Saturday morning and off they went at 11:00 am.
They set up the campsite (tent) and ventured to Katepwa where the beach was much nicer. They came back and roasted hotdogs and met up with a girl Josh worked with who was out there with her kids. The kids played and roasted marshmallows for smores. The kids did really well in the tent and slept thru the noisy neighbors that came home drunk but kept Josh up half the night. They woke around 6:30 and they spent some time back at the beach, arriving home shortly after 1 pm.
Saturday morning I had a ball practice, went for a roller blade, visited Laurie in the hospital, hung out with friends at Trent & Rhonda's and came home around 10:30 pm. Then the practical side kicked in and I decided to wash the toilets, and bathtub. Sunday morning I got up and made some muffins. Almost broke my finger as the beater turned on when I was trying to push it in. My finger was cut and bruised badly - I even bent the beater! But not bad enough to stop me from going to kick class at the gym. I then got some groceries and worked in the yard and by that time they were home!
They set up the campsite (tent) and ventured to Katepwa where the beach was much nicer. They came back and roasted hotdogs and met up with a girl Josh worked with who was out there with her kids. The kids played and roasted marshmallows for smores. The kids did really well in the tent and slept thru the noisy neighbors that came home drunk but kept Josh up half the night. They woke around 6:30 and they spent some time back at the beach, arriving home shortly after 1 pm.
Saturday morning I had a ball practice, went for a roller blade, visited Laurie in the hospital, hung out with friends at Trent & Rhonda's and came home around 10:30 pm. Then the practical side kicked in and I decided to wash the toilets, and bathtub. Sunday morning I got up and made some muffins. Almost broke my finger as the beater turned on when I was trying to push it in. My finger was cut and bruised badly - I even bent the beater! But not bad enough to stop me from going to kick class at the gym. I then got some groceries and worked in the yard and by that time they were home!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment