Saturday, March 5, 2011
Mexico continued..... Tues downtown & Wed zip line
On Tuesday, we ventured out from the hotel to see Seashell city and the acquarium for Carter.
We took a ride in a Pulmonia - glorified golf cart.
Seashell city was just as I remember, the entire store is covered in seashells and lots of other interesting stuff.
We then decided to try to walk to the acquarium. Bad idea, as Carter was tired, grumpy and not overly cooperative so we took turns piggybacking him and almost gave up - when I finally saw the sign to the acquarium. Glad we went as there was lots of animals to see. As well as, a couple of shows - 1st was a guy swimming with the sharks and next a cute sealion show. Just had to go up and got kissed by the sealion.

Wednesday morning Cortney (one of the Toronto girls that we met) and I ventured off to zip line. It was quite an experience but fun nonetheless. The ride up the steep gravel hill in our glorified jeep with bench seats and "holy crap" handles was scarier than the actual zip lining. There were 9 zip lines and then a tour of the tequila factory with compliementary shots. Cortney and I had 3 shots each, I am not a real fan of tequila but this stuff was pretty smooth and made the bus ride home much more fun. Need to get the pictures from Cortney to prove I went.
I ventured back to the coffee shop and made another purchase in hopes to call home again but the phone lines went down just an hour before that and she didn't expect them to be up until Thursday - just my luck of course. I did have a spectacular green tea latte though- look out Starbucks.
More to come....
We took a ride in a Pulmonia - glorified golf cart.
Seashell city was just as I remember, the entire store is covered in seashells and lots of other interesting stuff.
Carter and Josh sitting outside in the huge clam shell.
Of course we stopped at one of the many Sr. Frogs stores.
It is like Tim Horton's in Canada, they are on every block almost.
We then decided to try to walk to the acquarium. Bad idea, as Carter was tired, grumpy and not overly cooperative so we took turns piggybacking him and almost gave up - when I finally saw the sign to the acquarium. Glad we went as there was lots of animals to see. As well as, a couple of shows - 1st was a guy swimming with the sharks and next a cute sealion show. Just had to go up and got kissed by the sealion.
huge pool with manta rays swimming around
squid climbing acquarium
camouflaged crocodile
Wednesday morning Cortney (one of the Toronto girls that we met) and I ventured off to zip line. It was quite an experience but fun nonetheless. The ride up the steep gravel hill in our glorified jeep with bench seats and "holy crap" handles was scarier than the actual zip lining. There were 9 zip lines and then a tour of the tequila factory with compliementary shots. Cortney and I had 3 shots each, I am not a real fan of tequila but this stuff was pretty smooth and made the bus ride home much more fun. Need to get the pictures from Cortney to prove I went.
I ventured back to the coffee shop and made another purchase in hopes to call home again but the phone lines went down just an hour before that and she didn't expect them to be up until Thursday - just my luck of course. I did have a spectacular green tea latte though- look out Starbucks.
More to come....
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Post a Comment