Saturday, March 19, 2011
Final days....
Thursday was our last full day in Mexico so we decided to spend it around the pool.
Carter did his first try at bartering for the lizard he is holding on his hand below - no it's not real. The lady told him it was 40 pesos or just about $4 US so I sent him with $2 US and to tell her that is all he had. She said he needed more but we held our ground, he came back once more without it when a nice gentleman stepped in and helped Carter make the deal. We called him Carter barter for doing a good job.
The maid left us a nice surprise of an elephant towel. They had lots of animals done up in the lobby but this is the first one we got in the room.
I finally got a chance to enjoy the loungers in the pool, was chilly getting in but nice once you were in there.
We challenged some people that we had met down there to a game of ping pong and lost - just barely. I had a few drinks under my belt by then so the coordination wasn't quite up to par but it was fun nonetheless.
Tanner and Carter playing air hockey in the sports bar - they were up way too late for 5 year olds but that's what your supposed to do on holidays I guess.
Friday morning it was quite foggy and almost starting to spit so we didn't get much sun for our last couple of hours in Mexico but were happy that this was the weather on our last day. It did burn off by mid afternoon when we were boarding the plane to go home.
Cohen woke up at 3 am and gave Josh and I the biggest smile and hug ever. I would have rather waited until morning to see him but it was a wonderful to have that moment.
The end.....
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment