Thursday, December 23, 2010

 

Just let him cry himself to sleep...

Easier said than done, that " just let him cry himself to sleep" motto. Cohen can definitely be a challenge to get to sleep some nights/days. He is like his mother and if he doesn't get to sleep in that 15 minute window that he is tired, he gets a second/third/fourth wind. I usually stand beside the crib while he is going to fall asleep so he knows someone is there but the other night, I couldn't wait any longer as it was 10:30 pm. He was running around his crib in circles, laughing, hanging onto the edge of the crib like a monkey. Every time I would say "night night Cohen", he would shake his head no - not funny but very cute none the less. That night I let him cry for 30 minutes. As a baby I wasn't willing to do this method, as I believe at that age crying means there must be something wrong but at this age, Cohen knows how to "turn it on and off" like a faucet, amazing how quickly they learn these tricks.

Hard to believe that at the babysitter's he has 2 naps, first one at 9 am and she has to wake him from the 2nd one in the afternoon. Whereas, I can barely get him to nap for an hour by midafternoon on the weekend. Not much sleep for a guy who gets up between 5 and 6 am. I should have known that we wouldn't be lucky enough to have 2 great sleepers - but love him just as much!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]