Wednesday, December 15, 2010

 

All is well.. as can be expected anyway

We had Cohen's follow up appointment with the specialist and he is not concerned at all with the cystic hygroma on his neck, as it is still soft and has got smaller from 6 months ago. The next follow up will be in another 6 months. In the picture below, you can notice the right side of his neck appears to have a lump on it - in addition to the drool and rashes from so much drooling.

Cohen is just a little devil inside waiting to come out. For example, when I stack up blocks, he holds out his hand and looks at me to make sure I am watching, as if to say"I'm gonna knock them down" and then whack - he does. Last night he crawled up on top of his rocking horse and held onto the tv stand just to see what was up there. Definitely need to keep a close eye on this guy. Mothers really should come with eyes in the back of their heads.


It was a big day today for Carter. He had his Preschool Christmas concert in the afternoon.


Tonight, it was Benny's (a boy from school) 5th birthday, which was a bowling party. He did pretty good at bowling considering it was his first time. However, you could see he was disappointed in himself from his actions - very competitive and wants to be good at everything the first time - I wonder who he gets that from. All in all though, I think he had a good time.

Of course Cohen had to be a part of it all and was trying to do what the big kids were doing.


Tuesday night mom and I went to a memorial service at the Funeral Home. It was a very nice service and lots of tears were shed. It is very difficult to attend these functions but I feel I need to as I don't get much time to grieve with the kids and being so busy at work. I find the few minutes a day that I am not running in some direction that it hits me like a tonne of bricks - memories and tears come flooding back. It is difficult around the kids as I still cry when I talk about dad and then Carter gets upset if I cry and doesn't want to talk about it so it has been a struggle for me to deal with all my emotions. I love and miss you so much dad!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]