Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sandwich generation
It is hard to believe that I am becoming part of what is referred to as the "sandwich generation". My parents had us later in life (early to mid 30's) and I have done the same with my children. That leaves me at 36 with 2 small children and parents aged 70 and 75. I still feel like I should be the child in this situation but am now struggling to do everything possible to raise two wonderful and healthy boys, while trying to keep my parents young and healthy. I have really noticed them "getting older" these past couple years and it scares me to death. My dad was just diagnosed for the 3rd time with cancer and it is not looking very optimistic this time - I can't even fathom life without him. He is the strongest man I know but this one has hit him really hard, as he has not been able to eat for months and is fading away. I can only hope that he has the strength to fight this one too.
My brother is struggling with severe back issues as his surgery never worked and wish I could do something for him as he is in pain every day. The sad thing is that he is only 38 and has many years to deal with this, likely only to get worse. I am undergoing more tests to find out what is wrong with my hormones with no answers yet either. The only positive thing these days is that Cohen's cystic hygroma has all but disappeared by itself.
Growing up and getting old really sucks but I am so thankful for what I do have.
My brother is struggling with severe back issues as his surgery never worked and wish I could do something for him as he is in pain every day. The sad thing is that he is only 38 and has many years to deal with this, likely only to get worse. I am undergoing more tests to find out what is wrong with my hormones with no answers yet either. The only positive thing these days is that Cohen's cystic hygroma has all but disappeared by itself.
Growing up and getting old really sucks but I am so thankful for what I do have.
Comments:
<< Home
You have a great attitude and are one strong Mama so I know you will get through this!
We are praying for you and your family. Mostly that you will find peace in all of the chaos and unknowns.
Love you!
We are praying for you and your family. Mostly that you will find peace in all of the chaos and unknowns.
Love you!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Post a Comment