Thursday, October 7, 2010
cherish these days
Our little man turned 15 months old on the weekend and I can hardly believe how much he already knows. He may not talk yet but he sure knows how to communicate - by grunting or using his hand to push things away when he doesn't want them. Not sure of his stats - height and weight, as we have not been to the doctor or health nurse in a while. I find myself saying that I wish he was a bit older so we could do more stuff with him but know that I should not wish these days away and cherish them as soon he won't be my little baby anymore.
These days he is copying everything he sees. In the mornings he gets his teeth brushed and then stands on the stool and pretends to spit in the sink just like Carter - but of course he spits all down the cupboard as he is not quite tall enough to hit the sink. He loves to grab the tv remote and point it at the tv and push the buttons while grunting. He has also decided that he needs to eat with a fork and is very good at it for just starting- as long as someone puts something on it, it is like a conveyor belt to his mouth.
The best thing he has picked up on is being my laundry helper. As we have a 4 level split and I usually have something in my hands, I tend to through dirty laundry downstairs one flight at a time by kicking it. Cohen has decided that anything (clothes only) on the stairs is to go in the laundry so he pushes them down both flights of stairs (a few stairs at a time) and into the laundry room for me. He will also put every piece of wet clothes into the dryer if I hand them to him and sometimes if I am not watching careful, he slips some of the dirty stuff in there too. He also loves to help unload the dishwasher, handing me all the "dirty" dishes. I can't wait til he can talk to find out what is going on in that head.
He loves to eat anything his brother has - see them chowing down on popcorn. Of course he also and eats way better when his brother feeds him then when we do. That brotherly bond starts at an early age I guess.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]



Post a Comment