Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Quality Time
To some quality time is spending time with others watching tv, going to movies etc. but to me it is working together as a team to get things done - whether it be laundry, yardwork etc. With 2 small kids it is difficult to find time for everything as they always want to play. I try very hard to make chores into a game and remind everyone that the faster the work gets done, the more time for playing.
I struggle with having things done "right now" when I ask, rather than "later". I think men in general have a natural tendency to relax first and work hard later - the difference between men and women. For me, I don't sit down until everything is done - which some days seems to be never. As part of our journey in marriage, I have learned to ask once and he has learned to get to it. We work great as a team and Josh is always willing to help.
This weekend we spent outside, getting ready for fall while grandma & grandpa entertained the kids - as lord knows Carter wanted to be on the roof with us and Cohen was helping pick up leaves - by throwing them everywhere.
I struggle with having things done "right now" when I ask, rather than "later". I think men in general have a natural tendency to relax first and work hard later - the difference between men and women. For me, I don't sit down until everything is done - which some days seems to be never. As part of our journey in marriage, I have learned to ask once and he has learned to get to it. We work great as a team and Josh is always willing to help.
This weekend we spent outside, getting ready for fall while grandma & grandpa entertained the kids - as lord knows Carter wanted to be on the roof with us and Cohen was helping pick up leaves - by throwing them everywhere.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment