Monday, September 6, 2010

 

Long weekend festivities

All in all, our long weekend was pretty good.

Josh helped his grandpa shingle his aunt's roof on Friday night and most of Saturday so it was me and the boys. I took them to the dragon boat festival in the morning and there was lots for kids - dino bouncers, face painting, McDonald's mascots, coloring and ring shooting. It was great that we went in the morning before it got busy.

Saturday night was a rough one with Cohen, not sure if it was teeth or what but he cried almost non-stop for 3.5 hours. He would fall asleep as he was exhausted but wake as soon as I would try to put him down. Josh and I were beside ourself with what to do. He finally gave in around 2 am and fell asleep with me downstairs.

Sunday we went to the Hicke's for the pre & post Rider game celebration. Cheryl offered to take Carter with them so I could get Cohen to nap and maybe myself too. It was a fight again with Cohen but he did manage to get some sleep - me on the other hand, not so much. I just got things ready for the party, as it was pot luck. We left Cohen with my mom and just had Carter at the Hicke's for the post game party. It was nice to be able to visit and not worry about the baby for once. I had quite a few birthday drinks and lots of food and laughs. I even bought my own DQ icecream birthday cake to celebrate - it was a hit.



Monday was pretty low key and I got lots done around the house. We had family over for cake and coffee for a small celebration.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]