Sunday, August 8, 2010
The fair and the surprise
Cater is our kid with "no fear", he loved every ride at the fair and the faster and higher they went the better. He definitely doesn't take after me. My stomach was a little queasy when I went down the big slide with him.
We went to the petting zoo and let all the animals eat from his hand including a duck which almost took a bite out of his hand. The picture shows him jumping back from the duck.
His new favorite animal is snakes (my worst nightmare) and so he was excited to have one wrapped around his neck - needless to say Josh took the picture as I was nowhere near it.
The suprise party for my parents went real well except they showed up a little early - before any of the guests arrived! It was somewhat disappointing, after all the phone calls, that a few of the people who were supposed to come did not make it. However, I think the surprise guests made up for it. My Aunt & Uncle from Chicago came, one of mom's cousins from Calgary and her bridesmaid from Manitoba. They enjoyed visiting with everyone and then we had family to our house for a bbq. I think they were surprised! Mom cried lots and dad smiled lots so we know they were happy.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment