Friday, August 6, 2010
Busy days..
I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks between posts - while actually I can, life is just hectic these days! This week was Kaden's 5th birthday, got groceries for the party and we took Carter to the fair, every night there seems to be something going on.
My stomach flu was about 24 hours - thank gosh and no one got it real bad. However, the next Saturday - I think a combination of too much exercise, sun and tummy trouble threw Carter for a loop. He bounced back quick too though. Cohen may have been fighting a slight case, as he just wasn't eating quite like himself - usually everything in sight or within a mile! Great news about Cohen his cystic hygroma (growth on his neck) has really shrunk this last week so we are hoping it will continue to go away on it's own and avoid any invasive procedures.
I continue to be busy prepping and planning for my parents SURPRISE 50th wedding anniversary - it seems to have consumed my life these days (making lists, thank you cards, stealing photo albums, phone calls, sending out reminders and shopping). I will be so happy tomorrow when it is all over so I can relax - keeping a secret has been stressful in itself. There have been so many times when I almost slipped and I think my parents are kind of choked we have not really mentioned doing anything for them. They will be surprised. We are hoping to have about 40 people attend and even my Aunt & Uncle from Chicago made it, without them knowing. After the come & go celebration, we are hosting a family bbq so that was a whole other event to prep for. However, I would do it all over again as I have the most amazing parents who would do anything for us and deserve a wonderful 50th celebration, as well as their 70th and 75th birthdays this coming week.
My stomach flu was about 24 hours - thank gosh and no one got it real bad. However, the next Saturday - I think a combination of too much exercise, sun and tummy trouble threw Carter for a loop. He bounced back quick too though. Cohen may have been fighting a slight case, as he just wasn't eating quite like himself - usually everything in sight or within a mile! Great news about Cohen his cystic hygroma (growth on his neck) has really shrunk this last week so we are hoping it will continue to go away on it's own and avoid any invasive procedures.
I continue to be busy prepping and planning for my parents SURPRISE 50th wedding anniversary - it seems to have consumed my life these days (making lists, thank you cards, stealing photo albums, phone calls, sending out reminders and shopping). I will be so happy tomorrow when it is all over so I can relax - keeping a secret has been stressful in itself. There have been so many times when I almost slipped and I think my parents are kind of choked we have not really mentioned doing anything for them. They will be surprised. We are hoping to have about 40 people attend and even my Aunt & Uncle from Chicago made it, without them knowing. After the come & go celebration, we are hosting a family bbq so that was a whole other event to prep for. However, I would do it all over again as I have the most amazing parents who would do anything for us and deserve a wonderful 50th celebration, as well as their 70th and 75th birthdays this coming week.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment