Monday, July 5, 2010
Reality hits with mixed emotions.....
My first day back at work started at 4:25 am when I had to get up and get ready for my flight to Calgary at 6:00 am. I am on 2 days of orientation and then have the rest of the week off. I technically was not supposed to end maternity leave until July 11 but as the Stampede is in Calgary next week I had to come this week. I am excited about getting back into career mode but will definitely miss my time at home with the boys.
Josh did great with the boys this morning, as it is their first full week of daycare. I was taking them part-time the week before but the sitter was on holidays last week which probably didn't help the transition. This morning Carter told Josh that he had a stomach ache and that they should both stay home - even at 4 they have all the answers! Cohen bawled when Josh dropped them off, which I expected as he did it for me the prior week too but know that it will get easier and it doesn't last long.
I have high expectations to get lots done the rest of the week - appt's, etc. before the craziness of working full-time with 2 small kids starts. I also have to write my Life license exams (2 of them) in the next 6 months so will have to fit in studying time too!
Josh did great with the boys this morning, as it is their first full week of daycare. I was taking them part-time the week before but the sitter was on holidays last week which probably didn't help the transition. This morning Carter told Josh that he had a stomach ache and that they should both stay home - even at 4 they have all the answers! Cohen bawled when Josh dropped them off, which I expected as he did it for me the prior week too but know that it will get easier and it doesn't last long.
I have high expectations to get lots done the rest of the week - appt's, etc. before the craziness of working full-time with 2 small kids starts. I also have to write my Life license exams (2 of them) in the next 6 months so will have to fit in studying time too!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment