Saturday, June 12, 2010
Where to begin...
Where to begin as I am long overdue for a post!
Cohen turned 11 months on Thursday and is one big boy. He is definitely a good eater, it is quite cute to watch as he is like a little conveyor belt shoveling it all in. I think this one got my sleep genes though- ugh! Just when you think he may have got tired out and almost falling asleep, he pops up in his crib and starts babbling and gets another wind. I thought babies were supposed to get about 12 -14 hours of sleep. We are lucky if he sleeps 8 hours a night and 1 - 2 hours throughout the whole day - heaven forbid he would miss out on any of the action! He is getting the hang of walking and has taken a step on his own, he has got real fast at crawling and good at going up the stairs (still working on the down part though). Still patiently awaiting his appointment with the pediatric surgeon next week. The growth on his neck (right side of his neck in the 2nd pic below) seems to be getting bigger and is just worrisome, however we have been assured that it is benign and not to be concerned - I will be happier on Tuesday!
We hosted the 1st Z99 block party and it was a hit. I think everyone had a great time and I couldn't believe the gifts we got - sunglasses, gift certificates, blackberry. It was definitely alot of work though before (set up) and after (clean up). We have tried to enjoy the hot tub as much as possible.
On Monday, I flew to Calgary at 6am for a job interview (no I am not moving to Calgary) as that is where head office is and the job will thankfully be here. It is the competitor to Aon, the company that I used to work for and I will be working with Ryan and Kim as they both left Aon for Mercer. It has been a very stressful past couple months trying to look for a new job (hard to fit in computer time to look when kids hardly ever nap and don't got to bed til 10:00) and go on interviews. I had hoped for something less than full time but apparently no employer is really that flexible so I settled for 7 hour days which should allow me a few extra minutes in the morning to get kids (there will be 2 this time) ready and home a little earlier to start supper as Josh will do the pick up.
I got food poisoning on Wednesday night and have not been in that much pain since labour. Today my stomach is finally feeling back to normal. Josh thankfully stayed home on Thursday to look after the kids. I was keeled over on the floor for the 15 minutes he was gone to pick up Carter, while trying to watch Cohen - it was not good! Just glad that no one else got it.
Cohen turned 11 months on Thursday and is one big boy. He is definitely a good eater, it is quite cute to watch as he is like a little conveyor belt shoveling it all in. I think this one got my sleep genes though- ugh! Just when you think he may have got tired out and almost falling asleep, he pops up in his crib and starts babbling and gets another wind. I thought babies were supposed to get about 12 -14 hours of sleep. We are lucky if he sleeps 8 hours a night and 1 - 2 hours throughout the whole day - heaven forbid he would miss out on any of the action! He is getting the hang of walking and has taken a step on his own, he has got real fast at crawling and good at going up the stairs (still working on the down part though). Still patiently awaiting his appointment with the pediatric surgeon next week. The growth on his neck (right side of his neck in the 2nd pic below) seems to be getting bigger and is just worrisome, however we have been assured that it is benign and not to be concerned - I will be happier on Tuesday!
Carter only has 2 days of preschool left, the last day being graduation for the 5 year olds and then a family picnic on Wednesday. Ms. Julie has an amazing program and am happy to have Carter back in it again next year. Hard to believe that the year is over already and it was great to be home to be able to take him. Last Thursday was Luau day - the pics show Carters outfit and his little dance to go with it.

Had one of the worst mom moments ever on Friday night, I had been planning to take Carter to Dinomania for 2 weeks and he was so excited as there hasn't been one since last summer. When we got there, it was SOLD OUT! I didn't even think to get tickets early and just assumed that getting them at the door was the way to go. I should have known that there are many kids as crazy about dinosaurs as him. I finally got him calmed down and agreed to go to It's a Blast (I was pretty much willing to do anything for breaking his little heart) but when we got there, neither of us had on socks so we couldn't go in - could the night get worse! I guess the only positive thing was, that it was a learning experience for him how to deal with the anger he was feeling and there was alot of it.Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment