Friday, May 7, 2010

 

Mom's helping mom's...

This week my parents left for Chicago for my cousin's wedding (of course now that it is here, wishing we were going too) so I had Kaden (nephew) Thursday and Friday afternoon. It was great to be able to help them out and have a little buddy for Carter to play with. However, I am now 100% sure that I could not be a daycare provider - and I only had 3 kids for about 2 hours. They just ran from one room to the next pulling everything out and doing different things - I know it would be different if you did it full-time but no thanks.

One of the boys in Carter's preschool had stopped coming and I was wondering why as his mom used to bring him and when she went back to work her sister was the nanny and she brought him. I guess her sister quit and he is now at a babysitter's that cannot get him there. The day I found this out, she happened to have the day off and was picking up her other son from Henry Janzen and we saw them on our way home from preschool. I have offered to pick up and take her son to preschool with Carter and then take him back to the sitters 2 days a week. I didn't want to commit to all 4 days, as I like to walk and get Carter which I now won't be able to do with the 3 of them and the daycare is also not walking distance. However, I will likely be in the same boat next year when I return to work and hoping that someone will help me out in a similar way.

I am really loving be a mom these days as Cohen is at such a great age (almost 10 months) where he is babbling and smiling all the time and Carter (almost 4) overall is a really good kid. I have started to not feel so guilty about having some "me" time with friends and without the kids, which has taken a long time. However, I am sure that will change once I am back to work and not with them all day but I have to remember that is healthy for everyone if I am a "person" too and not just a "parent".

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's, as you deserve it! Being a mom is more than a full-time job in itself.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]