Sunday, May 30, 2010

 

The BIG 4

Well the day finally came, Carter's 4th birthday. He had only been counting down for the whole month of May. Carter woke up about 8 am and I had planned to give him the helium balloons I had got the day before but they were flat on the floor - ugh. He said it's okay mommy, I still like the balloons - what a darling.

He went to Sunday school and then for an early nap so the birthday could start around 2 pm. He loved the cake that I made him - dinosaur of course. It turned out great so I was happy too. He was patient all day but once he got up from his nap, he was ready for the party to start. He got lots of cool new stuff.
Looking back, sometimes it feels like just yesterday that he was born. I remember it like it was anyways. It all started with a 45 min walk to Viet Thai for a spicy supper and 45 min walk home. All that exercise and spicy food must have done it, as I woke up at around 5:00 am as my water had broke. That day things progressed slowly and I didn't check into the hospital til late that afternoon. It was a long painful labour of 24 hours that ended up in an emergency C-section because the cord was wrapped around his neck. The whole thing was quite traumatic (I won't go into details) but it was all worth it! We have the most caring and smartest boy around that we are so proud of - more and more every day.

Comments:
Happy Birthday, Carter! We thought about him yesterday!

Awesome cake. Well done, Mommy.

It looks like you had a great time. Congratulations...you have a 4 year old. WOW!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]