Sunday, April 18, 2010
Momma's back
The trip to Minot was somewhat of a whirlwind as we were technically only gone for 33 hours. The 4 hour drive there almost killed me as I am not used to sitting longer than about 15 minutes at one time during the day - my hips will never be the same since childbirth. Once we got there, I did my darndest to stretch them out by walking around the mall for about 8 hours of shopping. I definitely bought more than I expected but when a size 8 was falling off and I was fitting a size 4, how could you not buy it. The majority of my clothes are not fitting these days due to being about 20 lbs lighter than before having Cohen, so I bought a few key items. I bought a couple shirts for Josh and one for each of the kids. As we were there less than 48 hours, we only had a $50 duty free limit and since we had to bring back bullets for Karen' s hubby, we got the wave to pull over and had to pay duty. It cost me an extra $20 but is still much cheaper than another night in the hotel and food.
As for my hopes on getting a good night's rest - we didn't hit the sack until about 1 am and of course I couldn't fall asleep right away. Then poor Connie had some bad tummy trouble so was making a trip to the bathroom every half an hour which I heard at least 2 or 3 of. Then the alarm went off at 7:15 am, so I ended up getting less sleep than at home - ugh! However, we had lots of laughs though and it was nice to enjoy a couple meals without kids.
As for my hopes on getting a good night's rest - we didn't hit the sack until about 1 am and of course I couldn't fall asleep right away. Then poor Connie had some bad tummy trouble so was making a trip to the bathroom every half an hour which I heard at least 2 or 3 of. Then the alarm went off at 7:15 am, so I ended up getting less sleep than at home - ugh! However, we had lots of laughs though and it was nice to enjoy a couple meals without kids.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment