Monday, March 8, 2010

 

Lots to say in a week ...

I planned on blogging last week but not sure what happened. Actually I do know what happened, Cohen has been fighting a fierce diaper rash and been out of sorts. He barely napped all last week/wekend and wanted to be held. First I thought it was mangoes, then figured it may be the plastic pants over the cloth diapers that do not breath and now I think it may be teething. Whatever it is, I hope it ends soon as it looks like his skin is burnt it is so red and is now peeling like a sun burn - poor little guy but he is such a trooper. He is definitely a momma's boy these days, if I leave the room for a second the crying and tears start flowing until he sees me again. He isn't crawling but sure wants to get places as he rolls around the floor like crazy and leans over as if to try to pull himself up. I am thankful he is not mobile yet, as kid proofing a four level split is not going to be easy.

As for Carter, Josh took him skating for the first time in quite a few weeks and he skated by himself about 1/4 of the way down the ice. He has just found his balance I guess, as he even catches himself if he is about to fall. Soccer has a few weeks left and Tae Kwon Do wraps up this week - he is doing great in both but tends to get frustrated easy if he isn't good at it right away (gets that from his mom). He says he wants to do gymnastics again so we will see as the next session starts in April and runs til June. He is busy "saving babies lives" at school, as they are participating in fundraising for the Z99 radiothon - look out if we haven't hit you up for a donation yet. He got his second progress report from preschool and has improved on the few things that he was just "beginning" or "developing". He enjoys school once he gets there but still asks me every morning if he has school today and lets out a big sigh when I say yes - so dramatic.
Carter is now definitely wanting to go out more and do things with other kids rather than stay home so much anymore. He is asking about sleepovers - only if kids stay at our house though of course.

I went to Globe Theatre on Wednesday "Tuesdays with Morrie" what a simple yet moving play. Hard to believe there could be so much emotion in 90 minutes. I was drained by the end of the play and it left me with alot to think about - death, life, happiness, etc. Once again I realized that I am glad to be 35 with 2 wonderful kids and a loving husband - not wishing I was 20 again. A few good reminders:
- Happiness is only what you make it
- Love and emotions make you a stronger person
- Take every day as it comes and appreciate it
- Don't take anything for granted or wish your life away
- Every year just means more experience in the job of life

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]