Wednesday, March 24, 2010

 

Looking back....

Cohen is definitely the rashiest kid I have seen. Every day some sort of rash appears on a new part of his body - hoping it is just a stage in his life.
I think I have created a monster by always giving him something to hold onto. It all started at about 5 months, Cohen would always pull his soother out with his finger while sleeping and then start to cry so I started putting another soother in his hand. Now he has to have at least one thing in each hand at all times - usually the yellow drum stick and the red bracelet (I used to wear but found it easier to give to him than have him constantly pulling it). Yesterday he went to sleep with the yellow drum stick, plastic ring and bracelet (in one hand) and toothbrush & plastic spoon in the other hand. He woke up with all 5 things still in his grip.

The separation anxiety is still there but the nights are getting better, it is not such a struggle and he hasn't been getting up at 5am - thank gosh!

Carter was the "helping hand" at school today and along with his other duties, he knew his phone number. I recall back to my days of kindergarten and remember that my best friend Laurie had to cheat and help me with my phone number (funny how I ended up being the "numbers" person). It truly is amazing how much kids can learn at this age if they are given the knowledge to absorb. I was told that children have the greatest learning capacity between ages 1 - 5 and it begins to decrease after that. I believe it and have embraced this opportunity with Carter fully, he amazes me daily at what his brain can process, how he reasons and understands.

It is our 6 year wedding anniversary on Saturday - wow where did that time go!
Josh is taking Carter to Swift Current to watch curling and visit with his mom for Fri & Sat so it will be just Cohen and I until Sunday. I hope to get the bathroom painted with some help from my mom and the exersaucer.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]