Saturday, February 27, 2010
"Back" to normal
Cohen is at the really quite easy to manage stage, where he can sit up on his own and can be entertained by a toothbrush. He is starting to put his arms out to reach for you when he wants up and snuggle into your shoulder when he is tired - so cute. His schedule has gone by the way side though, he has been up late quite a few nights and fighting it all the way when he has to go to bed. If he does go down early, then he is up early and sleeping longer in the morning so it is really a guessing game these days.
Carter is funny as ever. He has been quite emotional these past days and I am not sure why. Probably just one of those stages. He is enjoying having buddies and always asking to go for playdates which is great as I get a break from building castles and dinosaur everything. He is a great big bro - a little rough but what can you expect - and a great helper for me. I will be sad to go back to work as it has been great to enjoy this time with Carter, something Cohen will likely never get at that age.
We had the Latimer/Loeppky crew over for supper and a play date on Thursday night. All went well, except I burnt the ribs - hence why I don't usually do the bbqing. It is great to have friends with kids the same age, as well supper at someone's house is way easier than juggling at a restaurant so we will be doing this more often I think with all our friends.
Josh had his last hockey game last night as they lost, well senior hockey anyway - adult safe is still on for a couple months though I think. He had a playoff mustache going and now his face is clean shaven, which is quite a change. At the rate it grows though, it won't last for long.
I am still struggling with a sore back and hips. All the stairs and a 20lb+ kid are not easy. I haven't been able to do much of anything, especially not the gym for 2 weeks, which is hard for someone like me who rarely finds time to sit down during the day. I think it is now finally on the mend and hoping by Monday I will be back to some kind of normal.
Carter is funny as ever. He has been quite emotional these past days and I am not sure why. Probably just one of those stages. He is enjoying having buddies and always asking to go for playdates which is great as I get a break from building castles and dinosaur everything. He is a great big bro - a little rough but what can you expect - and a great helper for me. I will be sad to go back to work as it has been great to enjoy this time with Carter, something Cohen will likely never get at that age.
We had the Latimer/Loeppky crew over for supper and a play date on Thursday night. All went well, except I burnt the ribs - hence why I don't usually do the bbqing. It is great to have friends with kids the same age, as well supper at someone's house is way easier than juggling at a restaurant so we will be doing this more often I think with all our friends.
Josh had his last hockey game last night as they lost, well senior hockey anyway - adult safe is still on for a couple months though I think. He had a playoff mustache going and now his face is clean shaven, which is quite a change. At the rate it grows though, it won't last for long.
I am still struggling with a sore back and hips. All the stairs and a 20lb+ kid are not easy. I haven't been able to do much of anything, especially not the gym for 2 weeks, which is hard for someone like me who rarely finds time to sit down during the day. I think it is now finally on the mend and hoping by Monday I will be back to some kind of normal.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment