Friday, November 13, 2009

 

My lucky day

I took Cohen for his 4 month immunization on Thursday and he did really well, he had a very delayed cry which surprised the nurse and I as we thought he wasn't going to cry at all. He has made quite the gains since 2 months ago when weight was such an issue. He weighs a whopping 17lbs 3oz. This was with a shirt, diaper and shoes on though, as apparently they are so busy with H1N1 they don't have time to properly weigh, assess or check the baby's length. I understand but was a bit perturbed as I got called in 10 minutes early for my appt and there was no one after me so she could have taken the extra time with him. We measured him at home and he is 25 3/4 inches. At this age Carter was 15lbs 13 oz and 24 inches so Cohen appears to still be a bigger boy, in the 90th percentile for weight and 80th for height.

I went to get my H1N1 shot after Cohen, as they opened it up to mothers with infants under 6 months and for his safety I thought I better. I didn't realize that they also had opened it up to anyone under 65 with chronic issues that day. There was over an hour wait and when I got to the prescreening room it was about 50 deep and I had to get Carter from preschool in just an hour. I asked the guy what would happen if I had to leave and he pulled some strings for me to get me bumped ahead of the 50+ people waiting - my lucky day. I was out with time to spare to pick up Carter.

Carter was supposed to get his first progress report on Thursday but nothing was in his backpack - maybe next week. He got a stinky sticker the other day for knowing all his friends (the kids in class) names.

The door looks awesome and it really only took just over 3 hours - good work men!

Comments:
I just looked it up and Reid was 16 lbs 1 oz at 4 months! Look out! You'll be out of the 22 lb limit bucket seat at 6 months just like Reid was.
I already feel sorry for your back.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]